1. September Hong Kong Jewelry Fair will be held as planned. According to an exclusive interview with senior officials of the trade fair on Thursday, despite continuing protests and occasional violent confrontations with the police, there has never been any press of postponing the Hong Kong Jewelry Fair in September.
2. Pandora is releasing a jewelry colection, which is inspired by Harry Potter. After collaborating with Disney for their Lion King, Aladdin, and other themed collections, Pandora is on the way to Hogwarts to satisfy all the Potterheads.
3. Jewelry retailers bring back luster, but hurdles remain. Shares of Signet Jewelers surged 28% on Thursday afternoon, on pace for their biggest one-day gain since 1996. But meanwhile, the shares of jewelry chains have been battled by the challenges, with Signet’s stock shedding 78% over the past 12 months even after Monday’s rally.
4. The Women’s Jewelry Association (WJA) has appointed a new executive director, Jennifer Markas, who begin will work from Sept. 10. WJA has also moved its headquarters back to New York City the outgoing executive director, Bernadette Mack, will work with Markas during her transition until the end of this month.
5. The Lagos jewelry brand unveiled the second generation of its Smart Caviar collection, designed specifically for the smart watch, almost one year after the successful launch of its first fine jewelry bracelets for the Apple Watch.