1. Men are increasingly choosing to adorn their outfits with jewellery and bracelets are still dominating in the men’s jewellery category, with stacking and layering being a continued trend in this sector of the market.
2. Osmium crystals are becoming more valuable than diamonds. Osmium crystals have stronger abrasion resistance and purportedly refract the light at greater distances than the traditional engagement ring gemstone. Ultimately there’s $50 billion worth of accessible osmium left in the Earth’s crust, a value predicted will quadruple in the next five years.
3. COPENHAGEN (Reuters) – Danish jewellery maker Pandora (PNDORA.CO) is stepping up efforts to win back shoppers with a brand relaunch in Los Angeles, plus new themed collections based on Harry Potter and Walt Disney’s Frozen and a revamp of its stores, to move it back to what made Pandora.
4. Louis Vuitton designed new high jewelry collection -Francesca Amfitheatrof ‘s Riders of the Knights collection, which was designed by Francesca Amfitheatrof and inspired by medieval heroines’ elements of arms and armor.
5. Padlocks are the latest jewelry trend. Necklaces and earrings with padlocks on them were seen on the runways of designers like Tom Ford, and they’ve now made their way to the mainstream, landing at all your fave online retailers.