1. Bead supplies to dazzle your world are in store at the 11th annual Baltimore Bead Society Winter Bead and Jewelry Show at the Howard County Fairgrounds in West Friendship.
2. Clark’s Diamond Jewelers in Couer D’Alene, ID, might be on the hook for some serious refunds for merchandise it sold over the holidays. The store has promised that if it snows 3 inches or more on Jan. 11, it will refund all purchases made between Nov. 22 and Dec. 31.
3. Atlanta Jewelry Show to Offer GIA Gem Identification Lab Session
Registration is now open and is limited to 15 participants per session.
4. Turkish jewelry exports hit record levels of $7.2 billion last year, surpassing the previously set goal of $6 billion, the Jewelry Exporters Association said Friday. The top five destinations for Turkish jewelry exports were the U.K., United Arab Emirates, the U.S., Hong Kong and Switzerland.
5. New York governor Andrew Cuomo has signed into law a bill to regulate lead content in children’s jewellery, which will take effect on 1 January 2021.