1. At a prehistoric archaeological site in Turkey, researchers found two 8500 year old human teeth that were used as pendants for necklaces or bracelets
2. Turkey’s jewelry exports climbed by 37 percent on an annual basis to $378 million in November, according to data from the Jewelry Exporters’ Association.
3. As Swarovski approaches its 125th anniversary in 2020, the goal of this Austrian brand is to reduce packaging by 80 percent by the end of its anniversary year.
4. Signet, the jewelry giant, has introduced laboratory grown diamond jewelry to all of its major U.S. retail stores. In May, James Allen, an e-retailer that signet bought in 2017, became the first signet to offer laboratory grown diamonds.
5. Expert events, the organizer of IJWF, has acquired Sydney’s September gift show and will host both events in 2020. Gift Fair, previously sponsored by Reed Exhibitions Australia, has been renamed spring Gift & Lifestyle Fair. It will be held simultaneously with IJWF in the adjacent space of the International Convention Center (ICC) in Darling Harbor, Sydney, from September 12 to 14, 2020.